Cohen & Cohen – The Truck Accident Lawyers PG County Turns To
When you’re in need of a truck accident lawyer PG County residents can really trust, this sort of assistance goes beyond your own defensive legal protection after an accident. At Cohen and Cohen, P.C., our experienced legal team is ready to provide the assistance that Prince George’s County residents need.
We Understand PG County Truck Accidents
Working with an experienced truck accident lawyer in PG County is important for two major reasons:
1. Truck Accidents Are Unique
Drivers may find themselves searching specifically for truck accident lawyer PG County services because accidents involving large trucks tend to be far more devastating than accidents involving only passenger vehicles. The sheer weight and size of a tractor trail can turn a “small fender bender” into an accident involving serious injuries and/or property damage.
Accidents involving large trucks often require the assistance of an experienced PG County truck accident lawyer because the causes of these crashes may differ quite a bit from other car crashes. Drivers of large commercial vehicles are more likely to be:
- Driving for long periods of time
- Driving at night
- Carrying hazardous materials
- Crossing interstate and international borders
Truck accidents also occur most often during daylight hours and in rural areas. One might assume that these ideal conditions make it less likely for truck accidents to occur, but that is not the case. Data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) shows, for example, that:
- Nearly eight in 10 fatal truck accidents in the U.S. during 2013 occurred on a weekday.
- Of these crashes, 73% occurred during daylight hours (typically around 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- 64% of all fatal truck accidents occurred in rural areas, rather than suburban neighborhoods or cities.
Furthermore, large trucks generally weigh about twice as much as the average passenger vehicle. Regardless of driving conditions at a particular accident scene, the sheer weight of a truck collision may cause more damage than a crash involving only passenger vehicles. It is essential to find a truck accident lawyer PG County drivers can count on because the effects of a commercial truck accident can be so severe.
2. Truck Accidents Are More Common — And Serious — Than Most Drivers Think.
Many truck accident victims are actually surprised by how common these types of accidents are in the U.S. According to the same NHTSA data,
- Approximately 95,000 people during 2013 were injured in vehicle crashes involving large trucks.
- Specifically in the U.S. during 2013, police reports show that around 342,000 large trucks were involved in car accidents.
- Of the nearly 4,000 fatalities resulting from truck accidents in the U.S. during 2013, 71% of those killed were occupants in other passenger vehicles and 11% were pedestrians or bicyclists.
- Even though large commercial trucks represent just 4% of all registered vehicles on the road in the U.S., they account for 9% of all fatal car accidents.
Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer PG County Trusts
Cohen and Cohen, P.C. is here to help. Our experienced and compassionate legal team understands the complicated nature of truck accidents, and we know how stressful the aftermath of an accident can be. Contact our firm today for a complimentary case evaluation of your situation; it’s completely free and always confidential. Our firm is proud to provide a truck accident lawyer PG County drivers can trust, and we’re looking forward to helping you receive the compensation you deserve as well.