Car Crash Treatment
A chiropractor can be one of the most helpful medical professionals to visit after an auto accident, particularly if you have sustained injuries affecting your neck or back. With the help of a chiropractor, you may be able to ensure that your injuries heal fully and any complications are stopped in their tracks.
Here are 5 benefits of chiropractic care that can help you after an accident or injury:
1. Treat underlying or unnoticed injuries. It can take hours or days for symptoms of whiplash, including headache, nausea, soreness, dizziness, or pain in the neck and upper back to develop. In the meantime, you could unintentionally be doing further damage. It’s vital to seek chiropractic treatment as early as possible so that a chiropractor can evaluate whether or not any unseen injuries exist. If you see a chiropractor quickly after a motor vehicle accident, you may be able to avoid long-term pain and mobility issues.
2. Reduce pain and prevent inflammation. Car accidents can produce common injuries including small tears in the ligaments, muscles, and connective tissues. X-rays typically don’t catch them. When you have been in an auto accident wake up feeling sore even though your x-rays look normal, it may be due to micro-tears.
A chiropractor uses spinal manipulations to realign the spinal column, which may ease inflammation and decrease pain. Plus, when you receive chiropractic care after your car accident, the spinal adjustments can relieve pain in not only the accident-affected areas of your body but in your entire body as well. It’s a win-win!
3. Receive non-invasive treatment. A chiropractor performs spinal adjustments that are natural and non-invasive. An adjustment re-aligns your spine to ease pressure on irritated nerves that are causing reduce pain. When the spine is aligned and balanced, the potential for quicker and more complete healing exists.
4. Restore full range of motion. Inflammation that results from an injury can lead to additional problems. Inflammation can slow the healing process and cause movement restriction. Spinal manipulation and other complementary chiropractic therapies promote healing and can ease inflammation, restoring your body’s proper range of motion.
5. Receive drug-free treatment. Medications that are frequently prescribed to relieve pain are highly addictive. You may think that you can take an addictive painkiller for a short period until you feel better, but that’s a slippery slope that can lead to unintentional dependence. Chiropractic care can provide you with effective pain relief without addictive medications. A chiropractor can also provide treatment that addresses the underlying cause of the injury. Then, you can be confident that the root cause is being healed, instead of just having the pain suppressed by the effects of a medication.
As you can see, there are many acute and long-term benefits you can receive by getting car crash treatment Glen Burnie, MD offers after a car accident. Be sure to visit a qualified and credentialed chiropractic doctor in your local area. Schedule an appointment and take the first step toward getting the care you need to heal and recover from your accident-related injuries.
Thank you to our friends and contributors at Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic for their insight into the benefits of chiropractic care for auto accidents.