Tips for Receiving the Maximum Settlement Amount After a Car Accident
Call Cohen & Cohen, P.C. at (301) 842-4819 to speak with a car accident lawyer College Park MD residents trust. During the no-obligation case review, you can discover the value of your personal injury case.
Depending on the circumstances of your car accident, you may be entitled to a larger settlement from the negligent driver than you anticipated. A car accident lawyer in College Park MD is qualified to provide an estimate. A car accident attorney from Cohen & Cohen, P.C. has the experience to know all of the costs that can be included in your damages claim.
In addition, there are some things you can do to help your case. Provide your College Park MD car accident lawyer with as much of the following information in writing as possible so he or she can build a strong case:
- Contact information. This includes your name, address, phone number, email address, and the date you were born. Your attorney may also request your social security number. All of your information will be kept confidential.
- Accident details. After hiring a car accident lawyer College Park MD provides, he or she may use an accident investigator to document information about the accident scene. However, the more information you can provide about your accident the better. Photos and/or video may be very helpful.
- Where it happened.
- The time of day or night when it happened.
- The date it happened.
- What or how it happened.
- Who was involved, and full descriptions of their vehicles.
- Contact and insurance information from the other driver.
- License plate number from the negligent driver’s car.
- Description of the damage to all vehicles involved.
- Description of all known injuries to anyone involved.
- Contact information for all witnesses.
- Written witness statements. Video testimony using your cell phone is good. Verify that it recorded video as well as audio afterward.
- Your insurance policy information. This includes:
- Policy number
- Copy of your insurance Declarations page.
- Contact information for your insurance company.
- The claim number for your policy if you have already reported it to your insurance agency.
- A copy of your driver’s license.
- Injuries you suffered from the accident. Provide a detailed description, with accompanying photos, if possible. If you have received treatment, make copies of the receipts and of any documentation you were given. Any car accident lawyer College Park MD drivers recommend may need to know the full extent of any treatment you have gotten for the injury. You may also need to authorize the attorney to access your medical treatment records.
- Loss of wages. If the injury has caused you to miss work, or you anticipate that it will, a car accident lawyer College Park MD offers should know the following:
- Your employer’s contact information
- Your job title
- Your hourly wages or salary
- Description of your job and what duties will be challenging or impossible to fulfill due to your car accident injury
Take advantage of our free case review to find out how much you might recover from the negligent driver. Accident damages can add up quickly. Make sure your rights are protected. Call us today at (301) 842-4819 to find out more from a Cohen & Cohen car accident lawyer College Park MD motorists turn to after getting injured.